Activities & Recreation
Find your perfect Hotel Del diversion
Explore Coronado Island by bike, watch the sun set over the ocean as you dine on award-winning California cuisine, or simply enjoy a fun-filled day of surf lessons or other beach activities. Throughout it all, you’ll bask in the warm embrace of this cherished Coronado resort – rightfully considered as one of the most beautiful beach destinations in the world.
With its abundance of year-round sunshine, two sparkling pools, beach and boat rentals plus a full-time recreation staff, this renowned San Diego beach hotel abounds with unlimited opportunities for your group to relax and have fun.
Spend time with us at The Del and enjoy:
• Beach Rentals –Boogie boards, volleyballs, surfboards, wetsuits, and umbrellas are available for rent. Beach chairs are complimentary to resort guests.
• Bike Rentals– Seven-speed and single-speed cruisers, tandems, kids' bikes, trailers, and surreys are available for rent at PeDels. All rentals include helmets and a lock. Bicycle tours of Coronado Island are also available.
• Boating – Adjacent to The Del on Glorietta Bay, the Coronado Boathouse offers rentals and instruction for sailboats, speedboats, water skis, jet skis, paddleboats and kayaks.
• Golf– Feel like hitting the links? Tee times for the Coronado Golf Course - or for over 80 golf courses in the San Diego area - can be arranged by the concierge. Click here for details about golf courses in the area. Or book online now through San Diego Golf Reservations at 17 of San Diego's best courses.
• Pool–Relax and enjoy the sun poolside or in the hot tub. Provided for your convenience are complimentary pool towels, chaise lounge chairs, kickboards and water toys. Forget something? Also available for purchase at the pool are a selection of children's water toys, goggles, sunscreen and more.
• Poolside Cabana Rentals– Enjoy sitting poolside in your own private cabana. Available for rent daily, these cabanas are a great way to indulge in the delightful resort atmosphere. Enhance your cabana experience with one of our Celebration Cabanas!
• S’mores on the Beach– Sit around a crackling fire pit under the stars, toes in the sand, and snack on the classic combination of marshmallows, graham crackers and chocolate. All equipment is provided.
• Sunset Sailing– Watch the sun dip into the Pacific in an explosion of color as you sail around Glorietta Bay in a 22' to 36' sailboat. Your captain will do all the work, as your party enjoys this spectacular evening together. Maximum of eight passengers.
• Surfing & Paddleboarding Lessons– Our skilled instructors will teach you the basics of riding the waves. Or, learn the traditional Hawaiian sport of stand-up paddleboarding in beautiful Glorietta Bay. All equipment is provided, including wetsuits and boards. Group and private lessons are available.
• Yoga – Use the power of breathing to calm and relax the body. Join the Hatha Yoga instructor for a relaxing session designed to shape and firm your physique.
• Fitness Center at The Del - The Fitness Center features state-of-the-art equipment and fitness classes that are designed to provide a daily infusion of energy. Or, for a more structured workout, sign up for a personal training session with a certified trainer. Adults 18 years and older welcome. Open daily, 6am - 8pm.